Naturalisation is the legal change of one’s nationality. For centuries, nationals of different countries have had the right to live in the UK and obtain citizenship by naturalisation. Since 1844 the Home Office has managed the naturalisation process. Although the conditions have changed over the years, due to the approvement of the naturalization, people have the same rights as British citizens by birth.
You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for naturalisation to hold British citizenship. Applicant must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years, have resident status or hold an indefinite residence permit for 12 months. You must present the evidence specified at the time of application. Applicant’s fingerprints, biometrics and photos are taken by the UK Visa Centre.
In order to obtain British citizenship through Naturalisation, you must meet:
- be 18 years or older
- speak English at the B1 level
- not be outside the UK for more than 90 days in 1 year
- not have violated any immigration rules
- not have been convicted.
- have lived in the UK for at least 5 years
- have at least 12 months of resident status or indefinite leave in order to stay in the UK.
- NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE
Generally naturalisation certificates include:
- Full Name & Surname
- Date of birth
- Address / Residence of applicant
- If married name of spouse
- Names of parents
- If still of dependent age children with their names & ages
- OUR SERVICES
Benefit from the experiences of Hawflein Solutions team in order to apply for Naturalisation. In addition, you can apply for naturalisation as a civil partner or a spouse of a British citizen. Contact us for detailed information via phone, WhatsApp, email, or visit us in our office.