• WORK HOURS : 8:30 AM - 6.00 PM


Outline of Parent Visa

The Parent Visa category is for those who would like to come to the UK on the condition of having a child under 18 who is still under 18 at the time that the applicant applies for the visa. In case the applicant’s child is living independently, the visa criteria differ from the regular procedure.


The applicants who would like to get Parent Visa must have a child who is either British Citizen or hold indefinite leave to stay (permanent residency for the UK) or has lived in the UK for 7 ongoing years, and leaving the UK is not possible in case they are applying in the UK. The rules and conditions may differ according to each case. Provided that the child has another parent, the parent must be British Citizen or hold indefinite leave to stay. This category, as the other dependent visa categories, changes according to each individual’s case, although the main lines of the eligibility are drawn clearly. You can get expert support from one of our advisors.


The parents can demonstrate that they take active parental responsibility for their child. The applicants should also manifest the proof of their financial stability and endurance that they are capable of affording their own and their child’s expenses, as well as proficiency in English. Under this category, you can get permitted to dwell for 2 and half years ongoingly. By the end of this process, our clients can apply for an extension of their stay. This depends upon their cases. You can have an indefinite stay to leave (permanent residency in the UK) after 5 years of ongoing stay in the UK that involves several visa extensions. Provided that you have stayed in the UK for 5 years, you can also take the Life in the UK exam and then pay for the passport fee after one year of your stay in the UK with your indefinite leave to stay permit to apply for British Passport.


As an established immigration consultancy firm, Hawflein Immigration aims to help you along with your first application until your permanent residency, provided that you need one. You can have a free initial consultation over the phone or via email. Your initial assessment is quite crucial since it will shape the whole process of your residency as well as your stay with your family in the UK.